A wise sage, knower of secrets, worker of miracles, virtuoso of the arcane arts... and an extremely snappy dresser.-Unlock with 3000 morale-
Character Sprites Edit
Base Damage: Min 0, Max 2
Bonus to spell damage +1.
Starter Set Edit
|Basic||Staff||N/A||N/A||N/A||Leather Shoes||N/A||Full Healing Potion|
Scroll of Summoning
|Extra||Accurate Short Sword [Fencer]||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Ring of Wisdom [Trust Fund]||N/A|
- Dark Arts Minor
(Unlock 5700 morale) - +1 Intelligence. -1 Faith.
(Unlock 4500 morale) - You transmute loose change into 30% extra Gold.
(Unlock 1600 morale) - Begin with a Ring of Wisdom and extra Gold.
(Unlock 4200 morale) - Start with the extra spell Teleport Away.
(Unlock 4200 morale) - Start with the extra spell Blink.
(Unlock 10,000 morale) - Start with the extra spell Form Wisp at the cost of -2 base Attack.
Fireball - Starting skill. It will do 1-4 damage instead of the standard 1-3 damage.
- +1 defense. +1 magic resist.
- +2 defense. +2 magic resist.
- +3 defense. +3 magic resist.
- 1-4 damage
- 2-5 damage
- 2-8 damage
- 3-10 damage
- +4 hp each rank. Unlimited ranks.
- Minimum level: 4
- Buy previous talent. (Forcefield)
- +1 lower enemy resist
- Minimum level: 4
- Buy previous talent. (Spell Damage)
- Can't get this if you have Leech.
- Minimum level: 4
- Buy previous talent. (Toughness)
- Can't get this if you have Inspiration.
Enslave Permanetly ensalves an enemy that has less than half health. The enemy is healed to full life and fights for you.
- Minimum level: 6
- Buy previous talent. (Willpower or Inspiration)
- Minimum level: 6
- Buy previous talent. (Inspiration or Leech)
- Overall the slowest class in the game, you must focus heavily on getting more speed and escaping early into the game since almost every enemy can catch up to you. Teleport and Teleport Away can help compensate for speed.
- Always focus on getting more intellect as it will lower the cooldown on Fireball and the other magic skills you will rely on.
- Enslave can only be used on a monster one-at-a-time, meaning that you can't use it on another monster until you current enslaved monster dies or is dispelled. You can bypass this limit by using a Mana Potion after enslaving a monster, the skill will be charged completely allowing you to enslave another monster at the same time; this exploit doesn't work with Classicist, see below.
- After the Paladin the Wizard is one of the best classes to use holy skills.
- The Fencer perk, Forcefield and Leech skill can give the Wizard an edge in melee combat, not enough to tank through enemy hordes but sufficient to deal with smaller and weakened enemies.
- All skills are affected by the Inspiration passive, included exp-cooldown skills; if the player is lucky they can quickly create a wisp army or charm many enemies at once. The only exception is Enslave for the aforementioned one-at-a-time limit.
- Ice Blast targets area, not units, be careful not to accidentally blast yourself by auto-targeting.
- The Wizard has great damaging potential late-game, but takes time to set and has difficulty surviving early.
- Act Bosses can be inflicted with Enslave, defeating them instantly. It can be a nice desperation move, but don't rely on it to work all the time.
Playing Classicist Edit
Classicist removes the cooldown time of Magic Skills in favor of a MP bar. This can heavily reflect on gameplay and strategies.
Remember that only Magic Skills lose their cooldown time with this perk. Any other skill type retains the cooldown.
- The total MP increases for every Magic Skill equipped (+6) and every point in Intellect (+1.5), including armor and weapons.
- Since spells can be casted in a row as long as one has enough MP, Inspiration instead offers the chance to cast a spell without spending MP.
- Spells that normally recharge with EXP (Enslave, Form Wisp) will cost both MP and max MP, the latter only reincreases by killing enemies and earning more EXP. Also, Enslave won't be recharged by a Mana Potion if you already have an enslaved monster with you.
- Mana Potions fully heal MP upon use.
Flavor Text Edit
Act 1 Edit
|Act 1 Text|
|The Village||Bandits. Petty thugs serving a petty lord. You'll burn them all.|
|The Forest||You grin. A dangerous place, this; more so for your presence.|
|The Town||A few mages chose to turn rather than die. You swear to restore their honour with a quick death.|
|The Keep||It's dingier than you remember. The old lord was no saint, but he knew his place - and he kept it clean.|
|Asterion's Lair||The usurper and his two lieutenants lurk within. First: they'll die. Then you'll make them talk.|
Act 2 Edit
|Act 2 Text|
|The Mountain Path||Dragons are jealous creatures. They don't like having rivals. Sadly for the brood mother here... neither do you.|
|The Monastery||The Cult have warred with mages all your life. You'll burn this place to the ground if they give you trouble.|
|Spider Nests||You have no quarrel with these beasts. Shame they're too stupid to stay out of your way.|
|The Caves||Metallic sounds echo up from below. You're approaching the mines.|
|The Mines||Magical stones run rich in these walls, vibrant with energy.|
|Xiatol's Lair||The dragon's nest. Slay her and this mountain is yours!|
Act 3 Edit
|Act 3 Text|
|City Gates||It's been a while since you came to the capital. now you're back... with a score to settle.|
|City Streets||These... peasants! How dare they try and stop a mage?|
|Mage Academy||How far this place has fallen. All out best fled or died; only the dregs swore allegiance.|
|Academy Basement||To think this murky lab is where it all began.|
|The Wasteland||I'd only take a moment to close the portal. But it knows where to find you now. There's only one way this can end.|
|Alien Palace||You barely recognise half of these artefacts. How many worlds has this creature plundered?...|
|Shiurath's Domain||You can feel it in your mind. Probing. This is going to take everything you have.|
The Tower Edit
|1st Floor||What secrets hide in the stones of this ancient edifice? What powers can you win here?|
|Boss Floor||Magical energies... someone ahead has exceptional power.|
|What now? A spellcaster or a ruffian?|
|There are many strong enemies in the Tower. Each will fall before you!|
|Tower Block Cleared||Impossible... each floor just leads to another. What magics could possibly support this structure?|