Polymorph - Skill.
Transform a creature into another form.
- Transforms the target into a randomly determined creature. The Polymorphed creature takes on the stats and appearance of the monster it becomes for a brief time.
- Transformed monsters can use both their original skills and their new form's skills.
- When polymorphed, enemies will keep a portion of their original health.
- Can turn enemies into harmless Chickens, which are otherwise never naturally encountered in the game.
- Recharges with Intellect.
- Also works on allies; can be used on a Magic Mirror to turn it into a powerful monster. Somewhat less worthwhile when used on Dog as the transformation can also change it into a weak enemy that dies quickly.
- Useful against tough enemies later in the Acts or higher levels of The Tower, however polymorphed monsters will retain the colored aura in the Tower.
- Using the Wizard's Classicist perk, this spell will cost 13 mana.
- Caution should be taken when using this spell, as there is a chance that the target could be polymorphed into something even more dangerous, such as a Kobold in Act 1 being polymorphed into a Horror from Act 3, which is likely to end badly if the player does not run away as soon as possible.