Pistol - Skill
A damaging short range weapon. Lots of recoil. Extremely loud. Recharges only when resting.
Critical % based on Attack, ignoring your weapon.
- 2-4 damage
- Recharged by waiting (PC: spacebar; Mobile: tap your character ) for 3 turns.
Upgraded by getting the Powder talent which increases Pistol's damage.
- Rank 1: 3-5 damage.
- Rank 2: 4-6 damage.
- Rank 3: 5-8 damage.
- This skill is always a guaranteed hit.
- It's loud, meaning nearby enemies will be alerted.
- Not as much range as other ranged skills (only 3 squares), but doesn't need a stat for hit rate (Bow) or a stat for recharge rate (Fireball).
- It's the only ranged attack in the game that can do critical damage, also note the critical chance is based off your attack meaning 9 attack = Pistol has 9% critical chance.
- Waiting 3 turns to recharge the Pistol means you will need a good amount of Speed and skills used for keeping your distance to avoid getting swarmed, especially since multiple enemies are alerted with each shot.
- Pistol's recoil has pros and cons. It pushes you away from enemies but against a group you have to aim at the right target to not get surrounded. You can also kill yourself by recoiling into pits, lava, or the holes in the boss room of Shiurath.
- The Alchemist can wield two pistols simultaneously by selecting the Gunslinger perk.